Sunday, March 6, 2011

Search for the PACHECO's has started, Oh Eddie, where art thou? The REAL ID ACT of 2005 My quest as an undocumented Navajo

Just started my quest for the PACHECO side of my family! Being adopted from a the Navajo Tribe in Chinle Arizona on July 15, 1971 without a Birth Certificate, Certificate of Indian Blood, or Census Number and knowing that my adopted mother Gwena Morrill attempted sure makes the expense and time for research hard to swallow. I must press forward. I am grateful to my Uncle Bob and Aunt Barbara for providing the leads for the following research. Perhaps with this new found knowledge I can find another "leg" of research. Thanks to Google Chrome Search and Facebook, these  were the two online tools used. Time is ticking, my second 6 month temporary State Issued Drivers License expires on July 13, 2011. According to the REAL ID ACT of 2005, after that date I am effectively an ILLEGAL ALIEN, no longer a United States Citizen after 44 years of citizenship. MAJOR BUMMER!

It's late, I know...22:48 as I start this entry, but I must tell someone.  

I talked to Uncle Bob tonight. He talked to Aunt Barbara in Albuquerque, NM . She said my biological fathers name was Edward "Eddie" Kirk. The prevailing thought: Edward "Eddie" Pacheco is of the Santo Domingo Pueblo. 
Santo Domingo Pueblo is located north east of 
Albuquerque New Mexico
I immediately started reading about the Santo Domingo Pueblo. There are native etiquettes that must be strictly observed. See the following link: http://www.indianpueblo.org/19pueblos/etiquette.html

In this entry, I will observe Pueblo Etiquette by not naming the person who I talked to. I did inquire on their Facebook page:

THIS IS MY Facebook message communication I posted on the Santo Domingo Pueblo Discussion Board

 Leland Morrill
Hi everyone,
My name is Leland Pacheco Morrill, born Leland Pacheco Kirk on Oct 10, 1966. I am the son of the late Linda Kirk and perhaps Edward "Eddie" Pacheco. Eddie would be 60-70's years old. Linda Kirk was in an auto accident in Albuquerque around the mid-to late 60's and then was buried in Ganado Arizona. I am looking for Eddie Pacheco, or relatives of his. 
I am search because I need to get a Birth Certificate, Certificate of Indian Blood and know where I was actually born. 
If anyone knows of Edward "Eddie" Pacheco's whereabouts, or is a relative to him, I'd appreciate knowing more and perhaps I could find out more about my heritage.
Thank you for whoever reads this message,
May you walk in beauty,
Leland Pacheco Morrill
 I also have a Facebook Page cataloguing my search:
 I also searched White Pages online, looked up the surname PACHECO and SAN DOMINGO PUEBLO, NM and came up with 18 names. I then "facebook"d them and found one quite by chance who lived in the pueblo. I immediately "messaged" him The following is my communication and if you notice, he alludes to the etiquette so I did not press further. AGAIN, I will not use the persons name to protect his anonymity and also to respect the etiquette of the pueblo but I do want to share it with you:

Hi,I'm Leland Pacheco Morrill looking for an Edward Pacheco who would be in his 60's-70's
Communication between "PACHECO" and You

Leland Morrill March 5 at 6:56pm
Good evening PACHECO,
My name is Leland Pacheco Morrill. 
I was born Leland Pacheco Kirk on Oct 10-1966. I was (the late) Linda Kirk and Edward Pacheco's son. I was adopted after Linda Kirk was in an auto accident back in the late 1960's. I just found out tonight by talking to my biological Uncle Bob in Arizona that my biological father's name is Edward "Eddie" . I do not think Eddie and Linda were married. I'm wondering if anyone in the Santo Domingo Pueblo knows if Eddie is alive, or deceased. 
I realize this is a sensitive issue and I don't mean to use improper etiquette however, I'm on my search for my native roots.
I don't know if you can help me. I'm just reaching out.
Thank you for your time.
Leland P. Morrill
Email: lelandpmorrill@gmail.com

PACHECO March 5 at 7:39pm 
Hi Leland its quite alright , everyone should know where they come from and who their parents are its good to hear you want to do that , so i well ask my family if they know this person i personally don't and i'll tell you of any findings that i come across that sound ok ?

Leland Morrill March 5 at 7:44pm
PACHECO,
Thank you and I hope you and your family are well. 
This has been a 41 year search. My adopted parents tried but weren't able to. I just heard the name an hour ago from my Uncle Bob. I'm unaware of correct etiquette and don't mean to be too aggressive. 
Sending good energy your way.
Leland

PACHECO March 5 at 8:20pm 
well i believe that the only way to find out thing you want to know is to ask , but you are right you have to go about it a certain way so let me see k .

WOWZERS! ALL IN ONE NIGHT!! I find someone in the "pueblo" who will help me but also cautions me to observe the etiquette. THIS I MUST DO. Thank you PACHECO!

Also in my search, I found an obituary that seemed to strike me, so much so that I started to investigate who this (deceased) Edward LeRoy Pacheco is and to get some idea about his life. I truely hope the Edward Pacheco I am looking for is not deceased but that would be a circumstance I cannot control so, here is his obit:
"PACHECO -- Edward LeRoy Pacheco, son of Isabell and Joseph Z. Pacheco, died on Friday, March 3, 2000. He is survived by his wife, Edna Pacheco of Albuquerque; son, Todd Edward Pacheco and wife, Minda of Gilbert, AZ; daughters, Yvette Ornelas and husband, Jesse of Bernalillo, NM, Lee Anna Pacheco of Albuquerque, Stefanie Mortensen and husband, Kelly of Reno, NV and Estrella Pacheco of Albuquerque; mother, Isabell Pacheco of Albuquerque; brothers, Joseph Pacheco of Albuquerque and Maurice Pacheco of Albuquerque; and twelve grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his father, Joseph; sister, Yvonne Driver; and daughter, Tamara Horning. Mr. Pacheco, a resident of Albuquerque for 48 years, graduated from Albuquerque High School in 1965. He served 23 years as a deputy sheriff with the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department and retired in 1995. He was an active member of the Fraternal Order of Police until his retirement. Services will be held Wednesday, March 8, 2000 at 11:00 a.m. at L.D.S. Church-Manzano Ward, 12701 Indian School Rd. NE. Interment will take place at Mt. Calvary. 
 Friends may visit French Mortuary, 10500 Lomas Blvd. NE, Tuesday, March 7, 2000 from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m."
I even went so far as to find out what plot he was buried in just in case it is my biological father. I feel this is an important step. I must prepare for it and be aware this is a distinct possibility.
"Mount Calvary Cemetery Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico
Pacheco, Edward Leroy, b. 1947 Jan 25, d. 2000 Mar 3, Bernalillo County Sheriff Department, Sec. B, Row 10"
 Wow. Well, also found a few cases about Deputy Sheriff Edward LeRoy Pacheco. The most colorful one is long but is interesting. It's when this Edward was 4 years into his career. The story is the following case you can click HERE if you'd like to read it. It is quite interesting. 
UNITED STATES of America, Plaintiff-Appellee,
v.
Larry James MIRELES, Defendant-Appellant.
No. 78-1419.
United States Court of Appeals,
Tenth Circuit.
Submitted Aug. 9, 1978.
Decided Aug. 30, 1978.

That's it for for this entry. Again if you enjoyed this entry, PLEASE "like" and "comment". 
 I really do enjoy researching but it takes an immense amount of time. I'm hoping at some point to figure out how to monetize this and then be able to get contributions for my time, legal costs, State fees, etc. 
Thank you for reading.
If you would like to contribute or have information PLEASE EMAIL lelandpmorrill@gmail.com  At this point I wouldn't refuse anything. Money doesn't grow on trees.- Leland P Morrill

No comments:

Post a Comment