Friday, March 18, 2011

GRATITUDE FRIDAY! and AMAZING NEWS...you will want to read this entry! Comment please & LIKE my page!!

by Leland P. Morrill Adopted Native American Citizenship Affected by The REAL ID Act of 2005 on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 11:53am

Your note has been created.
Today is GRATITUDE FRIDAY! Also, RED FRIDAY (for the Troops) 

TGIF WWWpeeps. This week started well. I'll actually start with Saturday, as this is now Friday.
Saturday I attended a Human Rights Campaign Gala in Los Angeles. Had a great time, networked, blabbed on, etc. I also met with former U.S. Representative (PA) Patrick Murphy. We didn't really discuss in detail but he's aware of what I am going through now. That was my two cents for publicity for this page at the HRC Gala.
At the 2011 Human Rights Campaign Los Angeles Gala March 2011 with former U.S. Representative Patrick Murphy
Monday I met with a biological cousin Matthew (Matt) downtown Los Angeles. He was here on his very first vacation with his wife. She was studying so I didn't get to meet her. Matt met me at Phillipes downtown Los Angeles. We then took the conversation to Placita Olvera. I showed him my documentation & he asked what he could do to help. I really couldn't think of anything as he doesn't live on the reservation. Throughout the week though, I thought, well geneology and pictures would be great. I presented the geneology idea in an email. He's still on vacation so I haven't heard back  yet. I also read some of his blog because I got stuck in my research & needed some diversion & actually found inspiration & renewed energy from it, THANKS MATTHEW!

My uncle...
**********GREAT INTERUPTION HERE!!!*****************

Gwen Granados from NARA (National Archives and Records Administration) just called me back from the Perris California office. She needs Linda Carolyn Kirk's death date. She wasn't able to release information but I asked, can you say YES or NO? So I confirmed some of my research. 
  • December 17, 1943 is Linda Carolyn Kirk's birth date
  • Alice Kirk was her mother and died in 1964. Alice moved to California and may be buried here instead of Arizona or New Mexico. Gwen told me that Alice was previously married to an Abraham McCabe perhaps in 1958-1959. 
  • Harry Kirk was Linda's father on record so more research on that.
  • Linda does have a census number but now I need to provide a death date for that to be released. 
  • Linda also attended Phoenix Indian school in the summer of 1960!!! Gwen can't release any records until she has confirmation of Linda Carolyn Kirks' death date.
I told Gwen Linda worked at the Federal Building in Albuquerque so she probably has a social security number. Gwen said the Social Security Administration has a death index and to try Albuquerque & do a few years search if I don't have a date of death. So...yet another lead.
WOWZERZ and Double WOWZERZ!!

I started to say something about Uncle Bob.
Uncle Bob and Aunt Ruth spent much of last Sunday on the phone & internet. Also on Saturday they went to the Ganado Community Cemetary to look for a grave. Most had been vandalized so that was unfortunate. They also attended a family potluck & asked around, no new information. Sunday, Aunt Ruth said St Michaels Catholic Church may have kept cemetary records...so I called and talked to Brother John. I had previously written to Father Flann but never received a response. Brother John talked to Father Flann & no death date. SO, I asked about birth information. Quite a few minutes later, 86 year old Father Flan came up with a Linda Carolyn Kirk born December 17, 1943. WOW..progress. I also asked about my info, nothing there, at least we have the Linda info. Uncle Bob was going to have Aunt Barbara in Albuquerque try and visit the San Domingo Pueblo and try to find out information for Edward "Eddie" Kirk (who we think is my biological father). 


That's it for this entry. So, if any of you out there are also searching, think about contacting Nara http:www.nara.gov about Indian Boarding School records for ancestors. Keep in mind you need Birth, Death info to access the actual records. 


So today being GRATITUDE FRIDAY, I'm thankful to have met Matthew, my cousin, Thankful for Gwen's info from NARA and her guidance, Thankful to Uncle Bob and Aunt Ruth for their search, time, questioning of relatives & also info to get me to St Michaels. Thankful for Father Flann & Brother John of St Michaels for providing verbal birth information. Thankful to Cyndy Taylor for connecting me to Uncle Bob and Aunt Ruth and her continual inquiries about my research.  Also, to all those hidden people who I don't know the names of...oh all the people from Nara, from Ft Worth, Denver, San Bruno and Perris because they came through and sent me office to office until I talked to Gwen this morning (Friday March 18,2011) 

I am grateful!  TGIF indeed. 


LELAND here. I just found out though to use the Social Security Death Index a subscription price of $995.00 has to be paid. So, another financial hurdle...yup it's expensive to do all this.
http://www.ntis.gov/products/ssa-online.aspx
Anyone wanna donate?!? email: lelandpmorrill@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment